Updated: Nov 16
Come back to Checklist home page
This page will describe all basic and advanced features you need to know about Microsoft Checklist System. All videos in the Getting Started section are a must see / watch.
If you still have a question / enquiry about Ticketing App, do not hesitate to contact us here.
Why your organization needs a checklist app?
Checklist app helps a Tax and Accounting team organizing tasks:
1. Install Checklist App to Microsoft Teams
Learn how to install Checklist App directly from TeamsWork website:
2. Add members to contribute to Checklist tasks
Let’s add some members! Add all users that will contribute on checklist tasks as assignee or reviewer.
3. Create and Submit your first Checklist
Using a new App for the first time can be confusing. For that, we have prepared for you a video on how to create a new checklist using a Template and submit this Checklist:
4. Getting started for assignees and reviewers
Learn how Assignees and Reviewers can get started with Checklist App:
5. How real-time notifications work to speed-up task resolution
Checklist App has been designed since inception to leverage on Microsoft Teams ecosystem. One of the key feature is the capability to instantly notify users in Teams on a change in a Checklist. Watch how real-time notification can speed up task resolution:
6. See only tasks that are relevant to you
We are concerned about your confidentiality. While Requestor and Teams Owners can see all tasks, Assignees and Reviewers will only see tasks they have been assigned. It is also a way to let them focus on what is important.
7. Unlimited Checklist instances
You can create as many Checklist instances as you need (Accounting Checklist, HR Checklist etc.), without any additional cost. Watch how to simply add new Checklist instance in Microsoft Teams:
How to subscribe to Checklist app
Discover all available plans and subscribe to Checklist App:
There are additional features & settings that will allow you to personalize Checklist App to best fit you need
1. Add Calendar(s) to calculate due date to always be a working day
We use calendar when calculating task due. You can modify it or add your own calendar(s).
Watch how to define workday and non working days in a new calendar:
2. Add Template(s) to save your time when having recurring Checklist
Templates will save a lot of time as you define them once and can reuse them indefinitely. Checklist comes with templates (HR Onboarding, accounting end of month closing, etc.):
3. Add and edit preset template from Templates Library
Templates Library feature enables you to expedite the checklist creation process by leveraging 300+ curated ready-to-use templates. By incorporating industry best practices into your checklists, you can streamline operations and enhance productivity across departments.
4. Configure a recurring checklist
Whether it's monthly reports, or quarterly audits, these repetitive activities can be time-consuming to set up and manage manually. Introducing Recurring Checklist feature to help you automate your repetitive tasks effortlessly.
5. Stay of top of your due date with alert notification and task status
System will proactively send alert notifications to relevant parties when a task is soon due (due in 2 days), due Today, or overdue. In addition, you can easily see task status and filter tasks:
6. Sort your tasks
When creating a checklist with a lot of tasks, sometimes the tasks are not sorted the way you want. That's how task sorting works, since you can sort your tasks based on index, task name, due date and your custom sorting:
7. Custom fields
You can configure your task form by hiding standard fields, adding your own custom fields and reorganizing the task form layout:
Explore more Features & useful Tricks
1. Calculation of due date
Learn how the task due is calculated from relative due date after submitting the Checklist:
2. Different ways to upload files and add screenshots
Learn all the different ways to upload files and add screenshot on a checklist to work more efficiently:
3. Pop out a Checklist tab
This is not directly related to Checklist App, but it is a nice trick so that you stop navigating back and forth between Teams App, from files, to chat, to Team / channel:
4. Configure Checklist for Accounting End of Month Closing Process
Here is an example on how you can configure Checklist app for accounting end of month closing process:
5. Configure Checklist as Employee Onboarding App for HR Team in Checklist App by TeamsWork
Here is an example on how you can configure Checklist app as Employee Onboarding App for HR Team:
6. How to uninstall Checklist app from Microsoft Teams
We are sorry if you are facing issues. Here are some common issues and resolution guidance.
1. Error messages when adding an App subscription on a new Azure instance
2. The "Authentication in progress" message is stuck and nothing is happening: